108,000 associates reimagining medicine for more than 799 million people globally!
Do you think you can find and deliver ’10x’ innovation opportunities in Novartis Business Services? Your passion for innovation and ability to build and lead a high-performing global team of associates and digital eco-system partners will help us re-imagine the next generation of NBS!
As the Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Associate Director Functional Design Architect you are a role model of Novartis Values & Behaviors: you care about patients, focus on what matters most, dare to challenge the status quo & experiment, take smart risks and always put your team before yourself. You are an inspiration to the associates who work with you. You foster a learning culture within your teams. You are a learner, not a knower, and you are genuinely curious and open-minded. You empower and support others, you create clear accountability, and you remove obstacles for your team. You spend time mentoring and coaching team members.
Our Salesforce CoE team is 135+ members strong and has a presence in key strategic locations globally with a core and increasing team size in Dublin. The Salesforce COE team works across a broad range of solutions – everything from apps for internal business productivity to external apps for medical professionals and patients. With endless future opportunities in Digital Health, we are well-positioned to build products that improve lives.
The Functional Design Architect’s major accountability is to effectively transform the business requirements into an IT solution design specification, ultimately leading to meeting the customer expectations while assuring solutions are safe, reliable, scalable, and flexible.
What will you be responsible for?
- Create and lead solution designs for internal customers and help scoping of requirements to meet business needs
- Develop project rationale and perform scoping assessments to determine the feasibility of projects
- Participate in requirement gathering in global/regional workshops
- Ensure the overall user experience is taken into account when designing and deploying new solutions and services
- Ensure that detailed designs adhere to solution architecture design (i.e. high-level conceptual design) and are traceable to functional as well as non-functional requirements in the functional specification
- Take accountability to ensure adherence with Security and Compliance policies and procedures within the Service Delivery scope
- Involved in decision making discussions with internal customer groups
- Ensure implemented solutions are according to specifications and fit for purpose.
- Planning deployments together with Project Managers and Operations Team
- Deployments between development environments and validation / productive orgs
- A deep understanding of integration patterns and data modeling
- Preparing checklists and scripts for manual deployments
What will you bring to the role?
- Significant experience in a similar role with a proven track record in managing Global and large scale Marketing Automation projects
- Proven capacity to respond to changes that impact the program, deal with uncertainty, and proactively resolve issues to deliver the best possible outcome
- Strong practical development knowledge of Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Marketing Cloud Integrations, Integration Design, AMPScript, SQL, and Data Mapping. HTML and CSS would be an advantage.
- Conceptual knowledge of Marketing automation and Campaign Design, Identifying resolution, Customer Intent funnel, Programmatic and Predictive Personalization
- Knowledge of tools that integrate with Marketing cloud such as Interaction Studio, Datorama, Google Analytics, CDP, CRM, MDM, etc.
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud Certified
- 8+proven experience in a Marketing solution design, business analyst, or equivalent role
- Proven track record in large, preferably global, multi-team projects dealing with complex process areas and business groups
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication, presentation, and writing skills
- Ability to perceive and drive discussions around complex system integrations to create Digital Omnichannel Capabilities (Big picture vision).
- Ability to work with others in a high paced, fluid, multi-cultural, and multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to operate in a matrix organization with diverse groups of stakeholders
- Working under tight timelines without compromising quality
- Stakeholder management skills
- Strong can-do attitude and results-focused
- Experience in a Life Science or highly regulated environment is an advantage
What you’ll receive in return?
Competitive salary, annual bonus, long-term incentive for select levels, health insurance, paid vacation/holidays, potential flexible working arrangements, employee recognition scheme.
Why consider Novartis?
799 million! That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous, and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: